On 5 December 1950, Sri Aurobindo the “Colonist from Immortality” had left his physical sheath as a supreme act of sacrifice for the sake of mankind. To quote the words of the Mother: “Sri Aurobindo was not compelled to leave his body, he chose to do so for reasons so sublime that they are beyond the reach of human mentality.”
In the bygone years several photographs of Sri Aurobindo’s mahasamadhi have been published in the online forum of Overman Foundation the links of which are as follows:
New photographs of Sri Aurobindo’s mahasamadhi have been uploaded in the online forum of Overman Foundation.
In two of the photographs, Champaklal Purani (Sri Aurobindo and the Mother’s most faithful attendant) is seen seated near Sri Aurobindo’s feet. In the last photograph (taken on 6 December 1950) one can see the Samadhi vault being constructed.
With warm regards,